Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Retreat Treat

Diane's experience at the Women's Retreat two weeks ago:

This year was the first year I participated in the Women’s Retreat.  In previous years I felt I was “too busy” and chose not to participate.  However, this year I have decided to do more activities for me and my well-being.   Boy, am I glad I went.
Diane, Amanda (daughter), and Yolanda
I had not been horseback riding in a…well…lifetime and I was nervous about mounting and riding.  The staff at White Stallion reassured me and I was lucky enough to be matched with a “young feisty” steed, Rawhide.  He was quite the character but we were a match.  He liked to snack, couldn’t sit still, tripped on rocks, and listened when he wanted to.  We had a lot in common from the get-go.  Thank you, Rawhide, for helping to build my confidence.  If I can ride that large school bus-sized horse without killing myself, then I can do ‘bout anything.
"Rawhide"
The weekend was an emotional one for me.  I was excited to be spending time with my daughter and some fantastically strong women and I really enjoyed sharing our thoughts, troubles, and jubilations together.  I cried and laughed and relaxed all at the same time.  I would tell you more, but what happens on retreat, stays on retreat.  I returned home exhausted yet rejuvenated.  I am definitely looking forward to returning next year.

-Diane

1 comment: